No products in the basket.
Most of us are only just over the festive period before Valentine’s Day creeps up on us, bringing with it another onslaught of tempting chocolates and potential gluttony. Whether you’re in a relationship or not, we’re all going to want to treat ourselves come February 14th, but at the same time avoid making too much of a dent in our own fitness and nutrition regimes.
Which is why we’ve teamed up with the Protein Chef to bring you another appetising Reflex Recipe. A Valentine’s themed cheat day recipe that settles your chocolate fix while still packing a low-calorie protein punch, pre- or post-workout. So instead of buying the same old box of chocolates this weekend, whip up our Protein-filled Strawberries for your Valentine, using our Strawberries & Cream Micellar Casein, and dipped in a sizeable helping of melted chocolate for extra Valentine’s appeal.
5 Strawberries (the larger the better)
2 scoops Reflex Strawberries & Cream Micellar Casein
50g Dark Chocolate
10g White Chocolate
1. Cut the top off the strawberries and use a small knife to hollow out the centre. Place these in an ice cube tray.
2. Make up the casein mixture in a small bowl. Add water little by little until it forms a smooth, thick paste.
3. Add the casein to an icing bag and pipe into the strawberries. Alternative, you can spoon it in.
4. Put the tops of the strawberries back on and place in the freezer to firm up.
5. Whilst the strawberries chill, melt the dark chocolate in a bowl over hot water.
6. Once the chocolate has melted take the strawberries out of the freezer and dip them into the chocolate. Tip – If you struggle to do this by holding the lids then pop them on a skewer and go for the dunk!
7. Once coated, place them on a sheet of greaseproof paper while you melt the white chocolate.
8. Drizzle over the white chocolate and decorate as you wish.
9. Chill in the fridge for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Macros (per strawberry):
Calories – 87
Protein – 4.6g
Carbs – 3.2g
Fat – 6.2g
With each large strawberry packing 4.6g protein and only 87 calories, these little treats are the perfect Valentine’s gift that can be quickly made up on the day together, or the night before if you’re after serious romance points. Each strawberry bringing with it a protein-filled surprise and instantly trumping the already tried and tested romantic formula of the standard strawberry dipped in chocolate.
To make sure the filling is both creamy and has the required taste, we recommend our Strawberries and Cream flavoured Micellar Casein used in the recipe, however strawberry flavoured Diet Protein will whip into a cream just as well – so the choice is yours.
All that’s left is to say another big thank you to the Protein Chef for putting together the recipe, and a happy, healthy Valentine’s Day to all of you that are going to try it over the weekend!